Thursday, April 07, 2005

Gmail, anyone?

I don't know what it is about Google guys, but I just love their stuff - all of it: the search engine, their local and image search, the toolbar, Froogle and most recently Gmail. The list goes on...

There is something to be said for a company that consistently makes $$$, is the best in their field, and is always coming up with new products. Are all of these new tools great? No, the desktop search, for example, could stand some improvement like support for more files, and ability to sort. But overall, you have to admit - they do great things. I certainly hope they don't become like Yahoo! with all those huge ads on every single page.

Anyway, back to Gmail. Everyone knows about it by now, I am sure. I just wanted to share my opinion, and point out the most useful things that come with a Gmail account. Obviously, 2GB mailbox is nothing to sneeze at. But the ability to POP you account is the best. You get the best of both worlds: webmail while traveling and email via your favorite mail app for regular use. Search capability is nice, but to be expected from Google.

Marketing guys at Google combined the buzz created by the limitation of accounts being by invitation only, as well as using that time to test the beta service, and increase service base gradually. Pure genius. Well, I remember I got my invititation by giving up some hard earned cash to purchase it on the eBay. The days of limited number of invites per user are long gone, and even I have 50 left...So, if you are in a need of Gmail invite drop me a line via comment feature on this blog, and I will send you invite promptly. I promise you, it will change your email habits...

No comments: