Sunday, April 10, 2005

CraigsList - a hidden treasure

Another site that is useful and beyond cool is CraigsList.com...the site design is plain ugly, there is no way around it. However, that's just about the only negative thing one can say about the site. Actually, I think the site is simple by design.

I am not sure how traditional classifieds can stay in business, because they certainly can't compete on price (free). The problem must be that people just aren’t aware of CraigsList.com existence. Especially cool feature is the FREE section. I just picked up a free loft bed for my son. I got him a new mattress and he is already enjoying his new room.

Interesting thing is that beyond just getting a nice free loft bed, we also got to catch-up with some friends that we lost touch with in the last few years. I saw a posting for a bed that seemed perfect, so I sent an email to the person asking if they could email me a photo. I like to do that so I don't waste my time, and don't bug the person selling/giving away item. Well, about an hour later, during dinner, phone rang and it was Amy, my wife's friend/colleague from work. She saw my email requesting a photo, and called us up since she recognized my name (that is a nice thing about having a unusual name). We finished dinner and drove to her house to pick up the bed frame and to visit...

No comments: